This is Jill...today I turned 30. YIKES! Actually, I'm excited. I've heard that your 30's are better than your 20's so I guess I'll find out if that's true!
Here are a few things I've learned over my 30 years...also they are things I want to remember as I continue on in this crazy world. In no particular order:
1. When things are ridiculous, laugh.
2. You are who you surround yourself with.
3. I always feel better after a workout. But that doesn't always motivate me to actually go do it.
4. I really have never used anything I learned in geometry/trigonometry in real life. Ever. So when I yelled at my math teachers in high school and said it was useless, I was right. I feel satisfaction in knowing that. :)
5. Africa is magical.
6. Hearts can be mended.
7. People will always let me down even if they have every intention not to. God will never let me down even if I have every expectation that He will.
8. Forgiveness is hard. Forgiveness is necessary and life-giving. Usually the necessary, life-giving things are hard.
9. Being around kids brings joy. It keeps you feeling young too.
10. The ocean is my happy place.
11. I'm a major introvert. That's okay.
12. When all else fails, find some chocolate.
13. I have a LOT to learn.
14. Seasons. They exist. Remember and accept that when it's time for a new season.
"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1
15. Most people are driven by insecurity. Try not to be one of those people. Learn to recognize those people and don't let them get to you.
16. Happiness is a choice.
17. I'd like to think I'm more creative than this, but I could wear jeans, a black hoodie and flip-flops or converse every day of my life and be content. Heck, I pretty much do that. Who am I kidding?
18. The Sound of Music never goes out of style. It was my favorite movie as a child and it still is now.
19. Family is the most important. Your real family and the family you choose. Treat them well.
20. Don't take yourself too seriously.
21. Trust your instincts. They are usually right.
22. Write notes to people. I learned that from my mom.
23. Be generous. I learned that from my Dad.
24. Pray. Talk with God. Listen to God. Communicate with Him however it is that you communicate. I learned that from both of my parents.
25. Don't be easily offended. (This is hard for me.)
26. Appreciate other people. Don't just put up with them or be indifferent. Learn to genuinely appreciate them.
27. Time FLIES. Be here now. Enjoy the moments.
28. Drink a lot of water.
29. Have a go-to karaoke song and own it.
30. Always be thankful.
Thank you for all of your birthday messages, tweets, etc. I had the best birthday! Here's to my 30's! :)