A few weeks ago, we did a blog about the types of people you find at the beach. Today we are covering the types of people you see at an airport at Christmas time. All of which were observed today by each of us. Here they are, in no particular order.
1) The "Sprinting-as-fast-as-Usain-Bolt" guy who has literally never run that fast in his life. He definitely woke up late and was in his bed fast asleep 22 minutes ago. Poor guy. We've all been there and it's such a rude awakening so you can't help but feel bad for the dude. But also, you have to laugh really hard because it's just so funny to watch it go down when it isn't you. Run, Forrest...run. Hope you make it, buddy.
2) The Mom who is freaking rockin' it with little kids who are so excited to be going on an airplane while simultaneously completely melting down because they are out of their routine and because, well, KIDS. You go, Moms. Mad respect. Hope you packed a whole lotta snacks...and some wine for yourself.
3) The family who we are going to call the "Nervous Nells."
"Do you have our boarding passes?"
"NO, Sue, I gave them to you!"
"Kids did you use the bathroom??"
"Is this our gate...where's our gate? JIM, we are going to miss the flight."
Meanwhile, there's an hour until boarding. Calm down, Nells. It's going to be ok.
4) The unbelievably uncomfortable 30-something woman getting a pat down at security in front of everyone. Oh hey, that's me.
5) The retired couple flying to spend Christmas with their kids and grandkids. They are sitting down for one last meal and drink...the calm before the storm. Sipping their martinis all the while knowing when they arrive on the other side, the chaos will ensue for the next 5 days.
6) The overly perky Gate agent cracking jokes over the loud speaker. The power is just so alluring. EVERYONE IS LISTENING TO ME. I WILL BE WITTY AND CUTE AND EVERYONE WILL LOVE ME. We can all appreciate the positive attitude, but it's early, Ma'am. Jokes are lost on us. Sorry to burst your bubble. All I'm looking for is super dry instructions on where, when, and how to board. Please and thank you.
7) The suave young businessman looking dude who has TSA pre check and cruises through security like a gazelle. Yes we are all looking at you and yes we are envious. (We know you already know that though.)
There are so many more as you well know...but these are just a few of the fun faces you can expect to run into if you're flying this week. Give them each a big high five. Except for the girl getting frisked at security. Do her a favor and just pretend you're not watching.
Christmas is coming soon! Here are some more pics of all of us. Cheers!